15 Ways to Help WE in the Summer!
Signup for Our Newsletter!
In honor of our 15th Anniversary, here are 15 ways you can help homeless women and children this summer:
1. Donate sunscreen, which is very important for homeless women exposed to the sun all day.
2. Donate non-perishable snacks (like granola bars and trail mix) for our students and kids.
3. Become a resume wizard! Help with our Resume-Writing Workshop on August 23rd!
4. Become a career mentor for Session 64–30 women need your help!
5. Host a picnic or pool party and ask your guests to donate to WE!
6. Haven’t taken a tour of WE? Come on down–and bring your kids too!
7. Stamp out homelessness–donate books of stamps to WE and help us cover the cost of this important office need.
9. As the summer heats up, our students are in need of deodorant and anti-antiperspirant to stay professional and job-ready in the heat!
10. Reusable water bottles are great for women and children to stay hydrated–and save money (and the planet) at the same time.
11. Join Team Rosie and become a monthly giver–the easiest way to support our mission of ending homelessness.
12. We’re almost out of printer paper here at WE and we need it to run our programs. Donate a few reams (you’d be our hero!).
13. Help out our kids by donating formula and baby wipes.
15. Attend the graduation of Session 64 on September 23rd at 9:00 am in our beautiful backyard.
Want to donate some of the things mentioned? You can drop them off at our Clothing Closet Monday through Friday, between 8:30 and 5:00. Ask for Kate or Nina if you need help when you arrive.
Interested in the volunteer opportunities? Email Lauren (firstname.lastname@example.org
) to attend a volunteer orientation.
Like a tour? Email Nina (email@example.com) who can set one up for you.
Have a question about anything else? Email Kate (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give her a ring at 916-231-1230Happy Summer!!