Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Women’s Empowerment relies heavily on volunteers to help with many facets of our program. Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us!
1. I want to volunteer at Women’s Empowerment? What do I need to do?
- Attend an Orientation. Our Orientations for 2016 will be held on the following Wednesdays at 4 p.m.: November 16, December 14. Orientations for 2017 will be held on the following Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m.: January 18, February 15, March 15, April 19, May 24, June 21, July 19, August 16, September 13, October 18, November 15, and December 13.
*Please note: volunteer orientations fill up quickly please RSVP to ensure you have a spot.
- RSVP to Holly Byrom, our Community Partnerships Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-669-2307
- Review the Volunteer Handbook
- Complete a Volunteer Information Form
- Sign the Volunteer Agreement Form
- Some opportunities require specific qualifications. We will contact you if we need more information.
2. What should I expect at a Volunteer Orientation?
The orientation will take about an hour and a half. You will get the history of Women’s Empowerment and a tour, detailed information regarding ongoing volunteer opportunities, and an opportunity to see if we are a good fit for your schedule and interests.
3. Are there any evening and/or weekend opportunities?
The majority of our volunteer opportunities are during business hours from 8:30am-3:30pm. We do have event specific opportunities during our Gala planning period and the Winter Holidays.
4. Are you looking for specific skills?
The majority of our volunteers are caring, supportive individuals who believe in our mission and are looking to pay it forward. There could be special requirements for specific volunteer areas, but we will inform you of those at the orientation.
5. How old do I have to be?
Generally, we ask that volunteers are 18+. We do make exceptions for students on a case by case basis. Email Michelle, email@example.com
6. I have court mandated volunteer hours I need to fill. Can I fill them at Women’s Empowerment?
This is done on a case by case basis. We may have some work for you, but do not assume you will be able to fill your hours at Women’s Empowerment. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916.669.2307.
7. Do you have volunteer opportunities for groups?
We do have some opportunities for groups. Email Michelle, email@example.com
8. Does Women’s Empowerment offer internship opportunities?
- Social Work Interns: We generally work with Social Work Students (MSW II) through CSU Sacramento. If this sounds like something you are qualified for and interested in, please contact Brian our Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.